Items 1-3 must be proposed as an RCS:
1. NEW – An entirely new rule or subject.
2. MODIFICATION – Changes to meaning or specifics of an existing rule.
3. CLARIFICATION – Make meaning clearer by adding, changing or deleting words of existing rules. Does not change intent of existing rule.
Housekeeping changes are subject to:
- Approval and Documentation by Rules Committee
- Approval by relevant Tech Committees
- They are not subject to Member Comment or Approval by BOD.
- To correct a reference
- To correct an obvious typo
- To correct a misspelling or grammar usage
- To correct numbering or rule location
- To correct missed updates to already approved rule changes
- To follow Rulebook conventions (e.g., capitalizations, dashes)
- To reformat to present in clearer manner, no rewording (e.g., lists, tables, illustrations)
- To remove an obvious redundancy