- 2014 RCP #
- Measurement of Combined Driving Ponies
- Date Received
- Change Date
- Next Rulebook
- Closed for comments: 01Sep13
Recommended for Approval: 15Sep13
- Initial Posting: 17Jul13
Current Wording – Appendix G – Measurement of Combined Driving Ponies
- The USEF Measurement Certificate will be presented at the First Veterinary Inspection. If a pony is not in possession of a fully and correctly completed Measurement Certificate, the Ground
Jury may order the pony to be remeasured by the Technical Delegate and the Competition Veterinarian and/or a Judge, pursuant to Chapter 5. Failure to allow the pony to be remeasured will result in the pony being disqualified at the competition. The remeasurement must be reported to the Ground Jury, which must then disqualify the pony from the Competition if it is over height. (See Article 914.2.)
- Ponies without USEF Measurement Certificates will be measured before the First Horse Inspection at their first competition of the year.
- Measurement will be conducted by the officiating USEF licensed Technical Delegate and the Competition Veterinarian and/or a Judge. In the event that either cannot be present, then one of the officiating USEF licensed judges may serve as an alternate for either the Veterinarian or the Technical Delegate.
- The measurement specifications will be recorded on a USEF Certificate of Measurement. A copy of this Certificate will be given to the competitor at the time of measurement.
- Measurement will be required yearly until the pony has reached the age of six years. Animals five years and under will be issued an annual Temporary Certificate of Measurement which will not need to be renewed.
- If an animal possesses an FEI Certificate of Measurement, such Certificates will be accepted as proof of the pony’s height.
- If the Ground Jury questions the height of a pony and the pony is in possession of a fully correctly completed Measurement Certificate, the Ground Jury may request, through the Federation, that
the pony be remeasured by a licensed Technical Delegate and a Veterinarian who are approved
by the Federation, pursuant to Chapter 5. Remeasurement must be made within 30 days of the
Suggested Wording – Appendix G – Measurement of Combined Driving Ponies
Pony measurement is not required for ADS-recognized events. Anyone wishing to hold an official measurement card should contact the USEF.
Reason for change
USEF Rules are in the USEF rulebook.