Significant Rule Changes for 2017
24 Jan 2017
- GR6.3 Require proof of flu/rhino within last 6 months. Optional for organizer to check and enforce.
- GR5.11 (also PD 207.4) Expanded junior headgear rule to apply to all juniors on carriage at all times.
- GR2.7 New chart added to clarify age requirements
Approval of Competions
- AC2.6 All competitions should have an accident-preparedness plan in place before event.
- 216.1 Rule concerning donkey and mule class organization has been deleted. Not necessary.
- 246 All off-course penalties now listed in one place
- Wording for Double Jeopardy and Fault and Out was clarified
- all Intermediate-II replaced by “Hydrid divisions offering Advanced dressage and cones”
- 973.1.9 New chart to clarify Standardized (grouped) settings for Cones
- CD-E New chart for Quick Reference Guide for CDEs
- 973.1.6 (FEI) Addition of Cones “oxer,” two pair of cones in straight line 1.5-3m apart. Three penalities for 1-4 balls down.
- 981 (FEI) Cones penalty for groom standing between start and finish (5 pts)
- 965.3.2 (FEI) Grooms must remount carriage immediately outside obstacle. FEI later added “within 30m marker.” (5 pen)
- 961.3 (FEI) Added requirement for 30m marker after obstacle.
- 408.1 Updated to: “Except for VSE and Small Pony turnouts that require just one groom, two grooms are required for fourin-hands or unicorns to assist in the event of difficulty.”